WICKHAM FESTIVAL RECEIVES CROWDFUNDING BOOST

Wickham Festival have extended the deadline to their hugely successful crowdfunding campaign which has raised almost £30,000 to safeguard their future.

The hugely popular annual event was postponed earlier this month in line with Government guidelines in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.

 

The decision cost organisers close to six figures and might have left an uncertain future but for the generosity of their loyal fans who have rallied round. So far they have donated more than £26,000 and with the deadline now extended to August 31, it looks certain to reach their target.

 

Organiser Peter Chegwyn said: “We are incredibly grateful to all those who have contributed any amount, big or small – and to all those who have rolled their tickets over to next year. It has made a huge difference to us and it has helped to secure the festival’s future. We are absolutely overwhelmed by the response and with five days still to go, we are confident of passing the £30,000 target.

“Like every other festival we have been hit hard by the lockdown and we have not received a penny in funding from the Government support schemes. We have had to rely on the generosity of our audience.

“The postponement meant we lost £50,000 in non-recoverable costs as well as having to give out refunds to those who cannot make the August 5-8 dates next year.

“Thankfully 90% of purchasers have kept their tickets for next year when Van Morrison, the Waterboys, the SAS Band and almost all our other acts will still be appearing.

“It does sum up our loyal following. People come back year after year because of the unique atmosphere and top quality entertainment so I am not surprised they are helping us through this crisis but I am still very humbled by their support.

“It shows the confidence they have in us as well as their affection for a unique event but it says a lot about the audience we attract. I cannot thank them enough.

“We will do our utmost to make next year’s event the biggest and best yet. It has been an awful year so we will put on a party to remember.”

The entire four-day scheduled programme has now been rolled over to next year (Aug 5-8) when Van Morrison will be headlining alongside Show of Hands and the Waterboys.

Also appearing are: The South, Nick Lowe and Los Straitjackets, the SAS Band starring Wickham favourites Tom Robinson, Toyah, Steve Harley, Graham Gouldman and many more.

Tickets remain valid and full details are available at www.wickhamfestival.co.uk

 

Donations can be made via Twitter @festivalwickham or at

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/please-support-wickham-festival. 

Contact us today to find out how our marketing strategies can give you the competitive advantage that will propel your business to success.

 

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Events and Special Occasions Ltd. T/A LOOP Magazine 2019 Tel: 01489 881 885 Email: contactus@loopmagazine.net #GetInTheLOOP No part of LOOP Magazine printed or online, should be reproduced or used in any form, either whole or in part without express written permission.